Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Using profile.xsl to filter conditionalized documents

Denis,
Something like this (untested)?

  <xsl:variable name="os.ok" select="
	  not(@os) or
	  not($os) or
	  contains(concat($sep, @os, $sep),
	  concat($sep, $os, $sep)) or

	  (contains(concat($sep, @os, $sep),
	   concat($sep, 'mac', $sep))  or
	   contains(concat($sep, @os, $sep),
	   concat($sep, 'unix', $sep)) and
	  $os = 'MacOrUnix')           or

	  @os = ''"/>

Just keep adding ors and ands until you've taken care of every
combination ;-)

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Bradford, Denis [mailto:denisb@rational.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 9:31 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Using profile.xsl to filter conditionalized
documents

"val=UNIX"

This didn't work for me - result still omits both Windows and UNIX
content.
I'm working with arch, not os, but should be the same.

> Implementing user-friendly way ("os=Windows;UNIX") is not so easy as
> XSLT doesn't have data types like array or list.

Is this just a limitation on the command line? What if I could
anticipate
combinations, and 'hardwired' them with parameters like "WindowsUNIXMAC"
 in myprofile.xsl. Could I then customize the <xsl:template match="*">
template to generate Windows, UNIX, and MAC conditions in the same
result?

Sorry if this is a dumb question: that profiling template is such a
mystery
to me, I thought somebody who actually understands how it works might be
able to say if my idea is worth pursuing.

Thanks,
Denis