Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Generating Indexes

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Alexander Schatten wrote:
>
>>>Use XML version of DocBook and XSL stylesheets. They are able to create
>>>index in a single pass without need for running separate support
>>>programs (like collateindex.pl).
>>>
>>sorry for adding a question: I use the XSL stylesheets for HMTL
>>production (PDF does not work correctly yet), but unfortunately no
>>indices are generated, though I have indexterms defined in the text.
>>

> It seems that you are using some quite old version of XSL stylesheets.
> If you grab latest version of stylesheets, index will be generated
> automatically for you from <indexterm>s in your document.

no, unfortunately it does not work.

(1) I downloaded the "docbook-xsl-1.47-experimental"; this should be the
  most recent stylesheets

(2) I have an indexentry in the docbook XSL it looks like this:

(3a) I try to create HTML using autoidx.xsl (that was once recommenden):
this does not work at all: it generates plain text, no html any more??

(3b) I try docbook.xsl: this works: generates HTML, but no index

(3b) I try chunk.xsl: this creates correctly a "chuncked version", but--
you can guess--no index.

so PLEASE give me a hint: where is my problem; where is my
misunderstanding. unfortunately the documentation is very hard to
understand, so I am not sure whether there must be configured something
else...

thank you very much in advance

alex

p.s.: btw: sorry, my last posting went directly per email to you, which
was because the mailing list is configured (who knows why? no other
mailing list is like this) that a reply is directed to the person not to
the list???