Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: processor for Windows Help?

[DaveP: This one seems FAQ-worthy.]

"Michael D. Crawford" <crawford@goingware.com> writes:

> Is there software of any sort available that will convert DocBook into
> Microsoft Windows Help files?
>
> I need to write a programmer's manual for a bunch of Windows
> programmers, and I'd like to use DocBook.  Previously, they have all
> used Microsoft Word.

Jirka Kosek has created an XSLT stylesheet driver file for generating
HTML Help and continues to add features/parameters to it as they get
requested. The stylesheet driver file and Jirka's short tutorial on
using it are included in the standard DocBook docbook-xsl stylesheet
distribution in the htmlhelp subdirectory.

A copy of Jirka's "Using the XSL stylesheets to generate HTML Help"
tutorial is available at:

  http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=8375&group_id=21935

To download the latest docbook-xsl stylesheet distribution, visit:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/

--
Michael Smith, Tokyo, Japan    http://sideshowbarker.net

Writing around a crucial       http://www.logopoiea.com/radio/