Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: need help with DocBook customization

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:34:43AM +0000, Ian Castle wrote:
> > 1.
> > Insert the company logo in the bottom of every page along with the page number.
> >   This is akin to a footer in a word processor, which repeats the logo and the
> > page number.
>
> jade only supports the simple-page-sequence, which only allows a single
> line in the header/footer. If you try to stick a logo in you run into
> problems... text on the main page becomes out of whack - esp. with
> things like tables.

No, header/footers allow any inline content, and that may include
inlined images.  I have even written a stylesheet that puts an EPS in
the left margin, by putting a page-height image in the left-header,
and that caused no problem at all to jadetex.

OTOH, non-inline things (eg. tables, paragraphs) do cause problems.

> > 2.
> > Increase the font size of words/phrases in bold (<command> tag) from 		the
> > preceding and following text.
>
> You need to have a "customisation layer" for your style sheet - I'll
> assume you have one set up... This is untested, but
>
> (element command ($my-bold-seq$))
>
> (define ($my-bold-seq$ #!optional (sosofo (process-children)))
>   (make sequence
>     font-weight: 'bold
>     font-size: 24pt
>     sosofo))
>
> Obviously, put what font size you like instead of 24pt!...

Preferably some relative size - eg "font-size: (* %bf-size% 2)" to get
twice the size of the body-font.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre