Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Need more diagnostic info from FOP ... how?

I'm using fop 0.20.2 with the (1.47 experimental) DocBook XSL stylesheets.
Although fop reports "Parsing of document complete" when I use this setup
with my document I receive errors saying:

[ERROR]: property 'master-reference' ignored

and then after "Parsing of document complete":

[ERROR]: 'master-name' for 'fo:page-sequence'matches no
'simple-page-master' or 'page-sequence-master'

This last is followed by java exception information. There's then no pdf
file produced. I can't decide where the error originates. Is it a fault in
the stylesheet, my understanding, fop itself, or all these and more? Sadly
as there's no additional info on that error that helps me find the cause
of the error with the stylesheet.

Here's the command line I'm using

~/Fop-0.20.2/fop.sh -d \
  -xsl /home/trevor/docbook-xsl-1.47-experimental/fo/docbook.xsl \
  -xml proposal.xml \
  -pdf proposal.pdf

The .xml file itself is about 25K. I've tried a (non DocBook) stylesheet
and fop generates a pdf file.

Both the stylesheets and Fop are "out of the box".

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!