Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Windows pathnames in <xsl:import> statements?

Folks,

I am actually moving out of documentation for our product, and have
been transitioning all of our DocBook XML files over to someone inside
of Mitel's Customer Documentation group.  The problem I have run into
is that all my customization layers are written for my Linux environment.
She (and the rest of Customer Docs) runs Windows.

My customization layer in Linux looks like (details snipped):

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
                version="1.0">

    <xsl:import href="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.45/html/docbook.xsl"/>

    <xsl:import href="e-smith-html-common.xsl"/>

    </xsl:stylesheet>

(What happens is that I have two different stylesheets for when I am
generating a single HTML page (this one) or chunking the file.  Both of these
layers first import Norm's stylesheet, and then my own 'e-smith-html-common'
which has the changes that I make regardless of whether it is chunked or not.)

In changing it for Windows, I made it:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
                version="1.0">

    <xsl:import href="c:\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.45\html\docbook.xsl"/>

    <xsl:import href="e-smith-html-common.xsl"/>

    </xsl:stylesheet>

But when I run this through the Windows version of DV's 'xsltproc',
I get two errors of the same format:

   compilation error: file c:\docbook\nssg-xslt\e-smith-html.xsl line 10
   element import
   xsl:import : invalid URI reference c:\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.45\html\docbook.xsl

It goes on to complain about not being able to load the external entity
'e-smith-html-common.xsl'.

So my basic question is... how the heck do I craft a valid URI file reference
on a Windows file system?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan York, Product Line Manager, SME Server and ServiceLink
Mitel Networks Corporation                 dan_york@mitel.com