Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to make my own stylesheets?

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 05:36:48PM -0800, Carlos Araya wrote:
> I'm having the same problem Michael is having with using CSS to customize
> the look of a docbook document. I am using XSLTproc and the 1.45 XSL
> stylesheets.
>
> The relevant section of my Makefile is copied below
>
>         @xsltproc \
>         --param label.from.part 1 \
>         --param html.stylesheet generic-style.css \
>         --param admon.graphics 1 \
>         --param admon.graphics.extension gif \
>         -o stories.html \
>         xsl/html/docbook.xsl \
>         stories.xml
>
> Can anyone point me to what I'm doing wrong, should I write a customization
> layer to do this?

You shouldn't need a customization layer for this.
The problem might be the quoting of the argument.
xsltproc is very particular about its
parameter data types.  The xsltproc
man page (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/xsltproc.html)
says:

  If the value being passed is a string rather than a node
  identifier, it must be escaped in quotes, as follows:

  xsltproc --param rootid '"introduction"' stylesheet file

That's double quotes inside single quotes.
You'll know its working if you see this in the <head>
section of your HTML files:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="generic-style.css" type="text/css">

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com