Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Customizing XSL-FO for IEEE style articles

Hello all,

I have just started using XSL-FO with fop for generating documents, and
I am very impressed.

But I have reached the end of my knowledge when it comes to
customization.

Basically I want to make a customized xsl-fo output format that will
give me something similar to an IEEE article format.  Namely, I need...

- Title, abstract, and authors centered at the top of the first page.
- Body of article content split into 2 columns per page
- Auto numbered section headings
- Customized fonts and sizes for the heading styles
- Custom bibliography format

So the first page would need to look something like (excuse my ASCII
art).

     (page 1)                 (page 2+)
--------------------    --------------------
|     Title        |    |        |         |
|    Author(s)     |    |        |         |
|    Abstract      |    |   T    |   T     |
|       |          |    |        |         |
|   T   |    T     |    |   E    |   E     |
|   E   |    E     |    |        |         |
|   X   |    X     |    |   X    |   X     |
|   T   |    T     |    |        |         |
|       |          |    |   T    |   T     |
|       1          |    |        2         |
--------------------    --------------------

I am learning everything that I can about XSLT since I know that I need
to make some customizations to the xsl-fo rules, but I was wondering if
anyone could give me some pointers in the right direction (or examples
if this or anything close has been done before by someone else).

Thanks,
Allen

-- Allen Bierbaum                          allenb@vrac.iastate.edu --
-- PhD Candidate              txtmsg - 5152910977@uscc.textmsg.com --