Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Preface page numbers problem revisited.

Sasha Zucker writes:

> I am having what appears to be a common problem. I am trying to generate a PDF
> version of a book with a preface and I am not getting roman numerals. Worse
> yet, the page numbering restarts at one in chapter two, so I am getting three
> page 1s in the book (title page, chapter one, chapter two).

I've found that class of problems to be stylesheet bugs, or at least
omissions that only surface in certain constellations.  If you would care
to show your document or post it somewhere I might be able to take a look
at it.

I don't think you need to mess with TeX.  At least I haven't had the need
to and my page numbers appear to come out right.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net