Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Spellchecking DocBook

Jorge Godoy wrote:

> Bernd Kreimeier <bk@oddworld.com> writes:
>
> > Another posssible solution would be a Linux/UNIX commandline
> > tool that runs as batch spitting out error lists that can be
> > turned into dictionaries.
>
> You can use 'ispell'. It's the default spell program on several Linux
> distributions. There's also 'aspell', but I don't see any advantage on
> that.

Aspell should provide you with more variants of misspelled words than
ispell. But aspell doesn't have morphological module so it is quite
unusable for inflective languages like Czech -- you must pregenarate all
possible word morphemes into dictionary and you get very large file.
With such a big file aspell is very slow. But for languages like English
aspell may be more "intuitive" than ispell.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz