Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Vector graphics within PDFs ?

Hi,

I was wondering whether vector graphics formats could be used within PDFs ?
Currently, we use a Mandrake distribution, 7.2, updated with the following
packages:

I tried EPS files, but I get complaints from the tex (variant). Of course,
JPG and PNG work fine, but these are raster formats...

Any idea ?

    Regards. Thomas.