Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: free DocBook tools that handle Japanese

At 01:48 29/01/2002 +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:

>  You can use Japanized FOP (http://jpfop.sourceforge.net/index.html).
>
>  By the way, OpenJade (for DocBook/SGML) and xsltproc (for DocBook/XML)
>  can work properly for Japanese documents (I am actually using them).

As part of an exercise, I want to duplicate a letter, written to a relative,
from Japan.

It was Kanji characters, but tblr as apposed to tbrl (for some reason I
didn't understand).

Am I right in thinking that if I use Unicode characters, it will by default
be laid out tbrl?

If so, what are the properties that must be changed to obtain this?

(Is this drifting off topic?)

Regards DaveP