Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Help project structure

> denisb@rational.com wrote:
>
> I recently did an htmlhelp project where the project was a book
> and each topic was a chapter. Many people have suggested using
> recursive sections for topics instead of chapters, and I'd like to try
> it. Before I dive in:
>
> - If each topic is a section, what would the content model above it
> look like? People have mentioned article - would the model be
> set/book/article/section, where article represents the help project?

I think that
book/chapter/section or
book/chapter/section/section or
book/chapter/section/.../section
is appropriate.

The depth of sections and their embedding gives you control over ToC
structure.

> - Has anyone tried using recursive sections? Does it work - any
> problems to watch out for?

It works OK. You must set following parameters to get separate topic
from each section:

chunk.first.sections=1
chunk.sections=1
chunk.section.depth=5