Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: empty xhtml namespace in some elements usingdb-xsl-1.48/xhtml

/ Steffen Maier <Steffen.Maier@studserv.uni-stuttgart.de> was heard to say:
| First I thought it was because of the imports/includes from ../common as
| they are not transformed for xhtml. But I couldn't find any reference to
| xhtml literal result elements nor xsl:element nor xsl:attribute sweeping
| over the relevant common xslts. Any idea where the errors comes from?

Yep. My bug. In those few places where the stylesheets use xsl:element
to calculate the correct result element, the HTML to XHTML
transformation stylesheet is not adding the correct namespace. As a
result, the elements are correctly generated in no namespace. A quick
addition to xhtml/html2xhtml.xsl fixes the problem:

<xsl:template match="xsl:element">
  <!-- make sure literal xsl:element declarations propagate the right namespace -->
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:attribute name="namespace">http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

But I haven't really tested it yet :-)

| Besides that problem, I'm again (positively, of course) surprised by
| Norm's meta-xslt ;-). Generating the xhtml backend from html using xslt is
| really so nice.

Thanks. It's about the only way to do it, I think. For just the sort of
reasons you encountered.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--