Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: No callout numbers in the code with programlistingco

Patrick Hartling wrote:
> Bob Stayton wrote:

[snip]

>> Can you generate your .fo file with Xalan and see if
>> the callouts are getting in there?  If so, then it
>> is a FOP problem on the back end.
>

> I tried Xalan 2.2, and I saw nothing in the .fo file that showed the
> callouts with the code.  I am trying to get 2.3.D1 to work, but I am
> having some problems with finding DocBook files such as dbnotnx.mod and
> many .ent files.  If I copy the files it cannot find into my working
> directory, it catches an array out of bounds exception:
>
> (Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
> (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6 >= 1
>
> I realize that that is probably not very helpful output, but it is all I
> have to work with so far.  Are there command line options I need besides
> -IN, -XSL, and -OUT?  I've tried running org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
> with JDK 1.3.1 and 1.4.0, and both give me the same (frustrating) results.

I apologize for responding to my own message, but I misspoke in the above
paragraph.  If I use JDK 1.4.0 and the latest Xalan snapshot (20020214),
I do not get any of the errors about missing files or array access
exceptions.  (I had a path set incorrectly when I was testing things.)
However, even with the latest snapshot, the callout numbers still do not
appear in the .fo file.

  -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick@vrac.iastate.edu                | 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916