Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Labelling of figures

I guess you have "sections" wrapped by an "Article".
you can copy this code from dbcommon.dsl to your
customization file :

(define (section-autolabel-prefix nd)
  (let* ((isep   (gentext-intra-label-sep nd))
  (haschn (not (node-list-empty? (ancestor (normalize "chapter") nd))))
  (hasapn (not (node-list-empty? (ancestor (normalize "appendix") nd)))))
    (cond
     (haschn (string-append
       (element-label (ancestor (normalize "chapter") nd)) isep))
     (hasapn (string-append
       (element-label (ancestor (normalize "appendix") nd)) isep))
     (else ""))))

and add the needed lines for the case in which ancestor is "article".

I have no tried it, but I suppose "element-label" will do the right thing
also whit articles.

HTH.
Regards,

Juan R. Migoya