Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: controlling variablelist formatting with pi

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:29:16AM -0600, David Cramer wrote:
> I notice that lists.xsl looks for a dbfo pi and uses it instead of the
> variablelist.as.blocks to format a variablelist, but I haven't figured
> out exactly what the pi should look like. I tried <?dbfo
> list-presentation="list"?> but it didn't have any effect. Perhaps this
> could be mentioned in the documentation for variablelist.as.blocks.

This worked for me using Fop-0.20.3rc and Docbook XSL-1.48.
My XSL customization sets variablelist.as.blocks to 1 so that
most lists look like this:

Item 1
      The para that goes with it.

Item 2
      Another para just for fun.

When I add the PI to one of my lists as follows:

<variablelist>
<?dbfo list-presentation="list"?>
<varlistentry>

Then the output for that list changes to:

Item 1   The para that goes with it.

Item 2   Another para just for fun.

Did you put the PI as a child of variablelist?
Is variablelist.as.blocks set to 1?  If not, then
you are already getting the default "list" presentation,
and the PI will not have any effect.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com