Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: figure titles and imagedata spilt across pages

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 04:18:19AM -0500, Stephen Bannasch wrote:
> I would like to make sure that the title of a figure and the imagedata for that figure are not split across pages in my fo output.
>
> For example in the following figure the title ends up at the bottom of one page while the imagedata ends up on the next.
>
> <figure id="ccprobe-interface">
>   <title>A schematic block diagram of the CCProbe Interface.</title>
>   <mediaobject>
>     <imageobject>
>       <imagedata
> fileref="images/png/ccprobe-interface-blockdiag.png" format="PNG" depth="200"/>
>     </imageobject>
>   </mediaobject>
> </figure>
>
> --
>
> (using Fop 0.20.rc3, DocBookXSL 1.49)

I believe this is a limitation of the current FOP.
When I look at the .fo output from the XSL stylesheets,
the figure title fo:block has this attribute:

keep-with-next.within-column="always"

The next block is the graphic, so that should
be enough to keep them together.  But Fop
doesn't seem to actually keep them together.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com