Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: forcing a new line

/ Jeff Rancier <jeff.rancier@softechnics.com> was heard to say:
| saxon parser, and won't be changed at this time).  I have a list of stuff in
| an entry in a table, and I want to force a line break but so far the only
| way I've been able to acheive this is by enclosing everything within the
| entry within a literallayout, and use <sbr/>s.  The only problem (cosmetic)
| is that the font for that block appears to be courier, and everything else
| is a different font.

You can't use sbr there, it's not valid. But literallayout shouldn't
change the font. OTOH, back at v1.18, it could have been broken.
Have you tried more recent stylesheets with your tool?

| (1) Is there an entity that I didn't find in the 4.1.2 book?

Nope.

| (2) Where is that default font set?  param.xsl?

Yes.

If you really need to keep 1.18 and you don't mind a little customization,
you could make a template for a processing instruction and use that.
Using literallayout would be better, semantically, I expect, but much harder
to patch into a 1.18 stylesheet.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--