Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Callouts in XHTML

> As a workaround/alternative, have you tried using programlisting/co
> markup instead of programlistingco/areaspec? If you want an example of
> that, take at look at the example for screenco in the Definitive
> Guide. (Despite being in the screenco reference page, it's actually an
> example of using co with screen, not an example of screenco.) You can
> mark up programlisting with co the same way (the screen element in the
> example could just be swapped out with programlisting).

Thanks. I didn't know about the two different ways of using callouts. I was
using an areaspec as you guessed. Unfortunately, the text for my
programlistings is included via external entities and I don't really want to
have to mark it up with co elements unless I absolutely have to. The
listings currently get extracted from real code as part of the build process
for my document so it's really convenient to update the code and then
automatically rebuild the article.

Jason