Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Tex to docbook?

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 07:41:19AM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there an easy way to convert tex to docbook. I searched the archives
> and the FAQ but found nothing. Since I know virtually nothing about Tex
> this may be a dumb question. I started to do this by hand but that was slow.

I am working on texi2db, which does that. It is in the LDP cvs
(available through web interface at cvsview.linuxdoc.org).

It is a work in progress. Don't expect perfection, but it works pretty
well for most docs.

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, Luge lessons. In the Spring,
we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag
and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.
		-- Dr. Evil, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me