Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: FYI - Slides online for a talk I gave on DocBook XML

>I then copied the index.html file from the 'html' directory (the
non-frames
>version) to my top directory and edited the HTML by hand to have the links
>that you see on my title page to the frames and non-frames version, as
well as
>the link to the XML file.  To generate the PDF file, I just generated FO
using
>the fo-plain.xsl file found with the other stylesheets, then ran that
through
>Fop to get something I really wasn't pleased with, but didn't really care
>about. :-)
>
>Oh, yeah, I had to copy the images directory from where I installed the
slides
>so that I would have the arrows and other graphics. And I copied
"slides.css"
>into my 'html' and 'frames' directories and hacked it up to have the color
>and font combinations that I wanted.  I also mucked with a couple of the
>parameters in the frames.xsl and slides.xsl stylesheets, but I forget
exactly
>what.

Can you tell me specifically where you copied the graphics files to?  I've
tried every place I can think of, they still won't show up in my html.  I'm
not sure what I'm doing wrong.

>Anyway, that's the general idea.  Not exactly as easy as doing something
in
>PowerPoint and doing "Save As HTML", but a) I'm a DocBook geek and with my
>vim macros, whipping up a DocBook file is easy; b) given that the talk was
on
>DocBook, I felt I should show what DocBook could do; c) I didn't feel like
>learning MagicPoint and didn't want to use PowerPoint; d) the resulting
>HTML files are decent HTML (unlike pretty much anything that comes out of
an
>MS application); and e) what the heck, it was fun to do.

You couldn't have posted this note at a better time.  I'm trying to find a
way for a co-worker to convert a presentation for a course he teaches into
a platform-indepent format, and this looks like a great solution. I really
appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Kristin

Kristin Thomas