Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: psgml: how to set sgml-validate-command?

I am using:

    RedHat 7.1
    emacs 20.7.1
    psgml 1.2.1

with the XML version of DocBook (so I set the psgml mode to xml).

I have been able to customize psgml in many ways by using .emacs
as well as by setting local variables inside individual DocBook
files. However, I have had no success modifying the
"sgml-validate-command" parameter.

Looking at the psgml source code reveals:

    (setq sgml-validate-command "nsgmls -wxml -s %s %s")

all I want to do is to change the command to:

    nsgmls -wxml -wno-idref -s %s %s

I have tried the obvious, putting this in the .emacs file:

    (setq sgml-validate-command "nsgmls -wxml -wno-idref -s %s %s")

and doing the corresponding thing inside individual docbook files
with no luck. The problem is that the above change has no effect
the value of the remains the same ("nsgmls -wxml -s %s %s").

I have also tried to set the value of "sgml-validate-command"
while psgml is in sgml mode with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated, in fact it would be great to see
some examples of how to customize the parameters:

    sgml-validate-command
    sgml-validate-files

These are described in the psgml documentation, but there are no
examples.

Gunnar

Gunnar Sigurdsson
NetLeaf Technologies, Inc