Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Docbook/XML, done with Java

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 15:44, Carlos wrote:
> If your system supports it I would very much recommend XSLTproc as the XSLT
> processor to use. After Using Xalan, Saxon, XT and XSLTproc I've found out
> that XSLTproc is a lot faster (maybe because it is written in C) easier to
> use and has a quick turnaround on feature requests and bug fixes.
>
> On the down side (for beginners) it requires manual installation on unix
> although you can download the RPMs and other binaries from different sites.
>
> That is my experience and your milleage may vary.
>
> Carlos

<snip>

Well, I'm less concerned about speed at the moment, just functionality
:)  I'll worry about speed when it works.

However, I am running Debian so installing xsltproc involves :
apt-get install xsltproc

(Sorry, blatant Debian plug).

Thank you again.  I need to get something going quickly, so this helps a
great deal.  Thank you :)

Matt