Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Website and Apache SSI

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 02:20:16PM +0400, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
>     Hello all
> I have stuck with making up a site with Website
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook).
>
> I just want to use Apache SSI within my pages. But Apache SSI implies
> following text in HTML:
> <!--#include file="somefile.html" -->
>
> But xsl processor filters out this comment so that I have nothing of
> this in my HTML. Could you please give a solution? More general is there
> a way to include comments in generated HTML?

I presume these comments exist in your XML source and
you want to pass them through?
You can add a template such as this to your customization
layer to print comments.  This one selects comments within
<para> tags, but you can set your own match.

<xsl:template match="para/comment()">
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;!--</xsl:text>
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">--&gt;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

If you are generating the comments from XML elements
or attributes, then you can still use the <xsl:text>
method to output them, but with a different <xsl:value-of>.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com