Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Catalog Question

Steffen Maier wrote:

 > On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Eric Richardson wrote:
 >
 >> Now I have the following in the driver which I want to be located
 >> via a  SYSTEM entry in the catalog.
 >>
 >> <xsl:import href="docbook.xsl"/>
 >>
 >> I have a catalog that points to the docbook dtds which is working
 >> and I  am using the older Java catalog resolution software.
 >>
 >> CATALOG "docbook-dtd/docbook.cat" SYSTEM  "urn:?:?"
 >> "docbook-xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl"
 >>

 > Seems as if you tried SGML-CATALOGs which are "only" capable of
 > resolving PUBLIC or SYSTEM Identifiers. But the href attribute in
 > xsl:import is an URI neither PI nor SI. To rewrite that stuff you
 > need XML-Catalogs. In case you want Norm's latest resolver
 > implementation:   http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/.
 >  The description of XML-Catalogs is at
 > http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html. Watch out for
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html#s.rewriteuri.
Yep, sort of figured I needed the uri rewriting and since I requested a
feature from Norm on the new system

 > http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html#s.rewriteuri.
Yep, sort of figured I needed the uri rewriting and since I requested a
feature from Norm on the new catalog resolver system and it is Open
Source I have no reason not to use it.

Thanks for helping. Hate to just be chasing something that can't be solved.

Eric