Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: line breaks not reproduced in literallayout when usesaxon textinsert extension

I want to include the contents of an external text file within my
DocBook XML document without making the font monospaced, and retaining
all linebreaks and whitespace within the file.  I've been trying this
using saxon 6.5 (with textinsert extension) and the 1.49 XSL stylesheets
to insert into a literallayout element.

If I have a line like this in my document

<literallayout><inlinegraphic format="linespecific"
fileref="test.txt"/></literallayout>

saxon inserts the file contents without changing font (good!) but loses
linebreaks (bad!)  i.e. if the contents of "test.txt" is

Line1
Line2
Line3

it is rendered as

Line1Line2Line3

In contrast, using a programlisting element with a line like this:

<programlisting><inlinegraphic format="linespecific"
fileref="test.txt"/></programlisting>

saxon retains linebreaks nicely (although of course it changes the font
which I don't want)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Matthew

--