Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: How to avoid pagebreak between <section> titleand body?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:38:44AM -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:

> I'm having the same problem, and I'm working in DocBook XML 4.2 with the
> 1.50.0 XSL on Red Hat 7.2, processing with xsltproc and PassiveTeX. I asked
> this same question on Friday.
>
> If the keep-with-next.within-column in the component.title.properties
> attribute-set is set to "always", why are my section titles and bodies
> splitting at page breaks? Is this broken, or are we missing something?

I thought it might be a problem with which <fo:block> element
had the keep-with-next attribute, because each title
is contained within several nested <fo:block>s.
But even putting that attribute in
all the title's fo:block elements didn't fix it.

I think keep-with-next is broken in both FOP and PassiveTex.
The FOP "Features" webpage says "keep-with-next (broken)".
The PassiveTex page says that keep-with-next is
"done in theory, not working 100%".

I'm keeping my jade setup around for awhile longer.  8^)

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com