Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: scaling images in PDF but not in HTML?

>> You might try putting two imageobject elements inside a mediaobject
>> inside your screenshot, and assign an appropriate role attribute to
>> each imageobject, such as "html" or "pdf".  The imagedata element
>> in each imageobject could have different attributes for scaling the
>> same graphic.

>> Then you could use the profiling stylesheet as a preprocessor to
>> select which imageobject is to be used before passing it to the
>> html or fo stylesheet.  It is a bit cumbersome, but it should work.

> Interesting.  I'll try this tomorrow.

I couldn't use the role attribute, because I was already using
	<emphasize role="bold">...</emphasize>

I used the arch attribute instead, so the images look like this:

	<mediaobject>
	  <imageobject arch="html">
	    <imagedata fileref="image1.png" format="PNG"/>
	  </imageobject>
	  <imageobject arch="pdf">
	    <imagedata fileref="image1.png" format="PNG"
	    depth="5cm" scalefit="1"/>
	  </imageobject>
	</mediaobject>

If I don't do any preprocessing, both the HTML and FO style sheets
pick the first <imageobject>.

So I've run this through
	saxon -o tpm.xml mydoc.xml profile.xsl "arch=pdf"

The resulting document looks good on visual inspection (ie. only the
<imageobject> elements with arch="pdf" are left), and _validates_
against the DTD.

But when I try to format this, using both the HTML and FO style sheets
from DocBook-XSL 1.48, saxon loops forever.

Does anyone have an idea how to debug this?

Thanx!

- Steinar