Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: page numbering

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 06:24:02PM +0100, Ian Castle wrote:
> Conventionally, you should use

I have no choice, that is the university "standard". I have to use

titlepage recto             <no number>
legalnotice                 <no number>
abstract 1                  i
abstract 2                  ii
toc                         iii

> There are patches around on the mailing list which will fix this (search
> for "preface" and "page number").

I looked again and found only these two to be relevant:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/2001-q3/msg00127.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/2002-q1/msg00310.html

In fact, I was inspired by the first one when I wrote first-abstract?.
The solutions you give there don't work in my case -- I have no
prefaces, and abstracts are in bookinfo.

> If you are still stuck I may be able to help a bit further... but not
> until tomorrow!

I would be very grateful if you could. I spent one more day on it, and
I'm still at the same place :( .

Thanks in advance,
Baurjan.