Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: footnote formatting

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:44:09AM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> For #3, I suppose you can redefine footnote-number (from print/dbblock.dsl).

I've played with that a bit, but I couldn't figure out how to find
whether the node being processed is the first footnote on the page. Any
ideas?

> For #1 and #2, I fear it's hardcoded into JadeTeX.  Maybe you can take
> the definition for \PageFootnote from JadeTeX, paste it into your
> jadetex.cfg, and hack it there.

You mean the block starting with "\long\def\PageFootnote#1#2{#1%" and
ending with "}" in jadetex.ltx, no? I'll try that.

Besides, how does openjade know that it should output "\PageFootnote"
for element footnote (or, in general, output TeX macros for any
respective DocBook markup), is that hardcoded into openjade?

Regards,
Baurjan.