Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Producing two-sided output doesn't work

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:

> > I'm trying to produce two-sided PDF output from an SGML source file,
> > but for some reason the header and fotter alternation doesn't work
> > as expected.
> > JadeTeX 1999/06/29: 2.7
>
> I haven't tried that myself, but I've heard that JadeTeX 3.12 works
> properly.

Now I have upgraded from JadeTex v2.7 to v3.12, and OpenJade v1.3 to
v.1.3.1. The header and footer alternation is now working, but when I
generate PDF or PS files the layout is changed. The top marging has
changed so that there is no margin above the header, and the text bodies
don't start right below the section enumeration but a few centimeters to
the right. The top margin problem doesn't show up when generating
PostScript output, though.

Feel free to check out the two PDF examples on the following URL:

  http://www.epact.se/~xmaei/examples/

I have changed a few DSSSL settings in print/dbparam.dsl, but using the
unchanged DSSSL files leads to the same problems.

I'm using DocBook v4.1, DocBook DSSSL v1.76, OpenJade v1.3, OpenSP v1.3.4,
JadeTex v3.12 and sgml2x v0.11 on a Linux Mandrake system.

  Regards,

  Markus