Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: The Best Linux Distribution to work with DocBoo k

For a while, Mandrake appeared to me to be most up-to-date. But I don't
think there's much difference now. Anyway, most of the DocBook and jade or
xslt specific packages can be installed from source without too much hassle.
I'd pick the distribution based on some other criteria (like how easy is it
to get passivetex working).

Kind regards
Peter Ring

-----Original Message-----
From: SEBASTIÁN VIÚDEZ ORTEGA [mailto:s.viudez@parlamento-and.es]
Sent: 29. april 2002 13:49
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

     Between the main Linux distributions - RedHat,
Suse, Mandrake, etc.-, i would need to know, based in
your experience, wich one is the more appropriate to
work with Openjade, Jadetex, LaTex, StyleSheets,
DocBook-DTD's, Graphics, XML Editors, XML Browsers
and other related tools, in order to make pdf's,
HTML's, etc. documents from XML DocBook documents (I want
to say wich distribution is more complet and updated, and
less buggy).

    Thank you.
Sebastián VIÚDEZ ORTEGA |=> Internet --> s.viudez@parlamento-and.es
   |=> Fidonet  --> 2:345/425.40
PGP | Fingerprint: 6301 D212 6721 9659 501F  CC79 B1B0 55C0 2CB1 51A9