Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: The Best Linux Distribution to work with DocBoo k

--3BL0Ng5d1iPP6beU

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 05:53:22PM +0200, Peter Ring wrote:

> For a while, Mandrake appeared to me to be most up-to-date. But I don't
> think there's much difference now. Anyway, most of the DocBook and jade or
> xslt specific packages can be installed from source without too much hassle.
> I'd pick the distribution based on some other criteria (like how easy is it
> to get passivetex working).

There are several RPM-based distributions (I don't know about
non-RPM-based ones) that have PassiveTeX RPM packages.  PLD, for
instance.  For Red Hat Linux: <http://cyberelk.net/tim/docbook/>.

So, for RPM-based distributions at least, setting up PassiveTeX isn't
hard any more. [In theory..]

So, to agree with Peter: pick some other criteria..

Tim.
*/

--3BL0Ng5d1iPP6beU

--3BL0Ng5d1iPP6beU--