Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Onechunk problem

About my error message:

>       Error chapter is not a chunk!
>       Writing for chapter
>       runtime error: file
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.50.0/html/chunker.xsl
>       line 79 element document
>       xsltDocumentElem: URL computation failed for

Bob Stayton says:

I just started running across this error myself, but I'm
not using the chunker.xsl stylesheet.

I've been converting refentrys to man pages using the
db2man XSL stylesheet.  It isn't using either of the
docbook.xsl stylesheets because it is producing text
output, not fo or html.  So it doesn't use chunker.xsl.

But it does use the same output element that chunker uses:
<exsl:document>.  Actually, db2man arrives using
<xt:document> but I changed it to <exsl:document>.
In both of our cases, the line number points
to that element.  Oddly enough, when I get this error,
it still produces the correct output.  And I have a couple
of dozen other refentries that don't produce this noise.
It appears to be trying to compute a URL for a blank
argument.
<<<<<

I don't see xt:document anywhere in db2man. Where did you make this change?

I get the HTML output, too, but the TOC links in it don't work. I don't get
these problems (the error or the faulty TOC) if I process through chunk.xsl
(1.50.0), by the way.

Also, I noticed a couple things that confused me on this. The error message
points to line 79 of chunker.xsl, which does just happen to be at the
center of an extension element that exslt.org lists as unsupported. I think
this is a misdirection, though. That same exsl element appears in the 1.49
chunker.xsl, and it doesn't generate the error message. I wouldn't be
surprised to find the problem is actually in another file altogether.

I went ahead and submitted the bug.

So I can't solve your problem, but I can at least steer
you away from some of the noise.  8^)
<<<<<

You usually do. When I posted this, I was hoping you'd answer. : )

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

What is this some kind of demonstrative pronoun?