Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: website: feature request

At 00:42 05/05/2002 -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:

>The problem is the main stylesheets.
>The short answer is to put your id attributes on the <question>
>elements inside the <qandaentry> elements.  The TOC
>actually lists question elements, and will use that id
>as a stable link name.
>
>But I think when people create an xref to a qandaentry,
>they don't target the id on the question element to do so.
>So your feature request should be to change the TOC
>generator to list qandaentry elements and use the question
>element as the generated text only.  And xrefs to
>quandaentry should do the same (if they don't already).

My logic was (is?) that the 'things' inside a qandadiv are entries,
hence that was what I was expecting to be linked.
Questions aren't much good without answers and the semantic
is that the wrapper entry provides the grouping.

I think my request is reasonable?
I found out that the stylesheets do enter the <a name=''/> into the html,
so its just the local toc.

Should I be providing an overriding template / use the question
or wait for an update?

Perhaps if there was no id attribute on the entry I might have looked
elsewhere?

Regards DaveP