Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook and Cocoon

Hi Michael,

Michael Cortez wrote:

> I've tried swapping out to 1.49 version of the sheets, I've tried hardcoding
> the file paths in the i18n.xml & .xsl files and I've tried configuring the

I'm sure you mean l10n.xml. But are you in the right file? At least you
should see an other error message in the logs (resource or file/path
not found).
Maybe the uris are not right. For Windows worked for example
"file:/e:/my-path/xsl/common/af.xml" or
"file:///e:/my-path/xsl/common/af.xml". I've somewhere read
that for *x platforms should work "file:////the-path-to-a-file" .

> SAXParserFactory (it's down via a configuration file in cocoon
> (cocoon.xconf)) and still a no go...

The xml-parser element? No chance.

> I am getting the "java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: af.xml" error

See above.

> in the logs, so it's obviously tied to to not being able to resolve and load
> the internationalization files...
>
> Sven, Jirka of the work arounds you've all suggested -- have any of you
> tried any of them with some success?

Yes all of them. With saxon and cocoon i've got new problems (xsp, ...)
but this is another story ...

> Thanks,
> Mike

HTH. Sven.