Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Experiment for Notes on Graphics in HTML

At 12:51 2002 05 06 -0400, Ed Nixon wrote:

>Thanks. As I mention in the item, proper scaling is definitely the best thing to do for numerous reasons; whatever "proper" might mean to a visually disabled individual.
>
>Maybe the "simplest" thing to do, if this seems like an important issue, would be to provide a switch that turns off HTML source imbedded height and width attributes.
>
>However, I'm not being inundated with excited responses to this so perhaps it's a non starter; that would be unfortunate. Nonetheless, if that's the case, I'd be grateful for some input about how to develop a customization that does remove the imbedded dimensions.

I'd copy the process.image template in the graphics.xsl into
your customization file and fiddle it.  You can see where Norm
sets the height and width variables and then sets the img tag's
attributes to their values.  It's easy to comment out the
lines that set the attributes if that's what you want to do.

If you want to get fancier--like do something with your div
idea--it'll take a bit more work (that I haven't analyzed).

paul