Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: ToC Page numbers

Yeah, I had the same problem.  Basically, fop doesn't yet (as of 0.20.3)
support the id being a part of a page-sequence.  I worked around this by
finding the template for each type that wasn't getting a line number
(for example: <xsl:template match="chapter"> ), removing the id from the
  page-sequence and adding a block with that id just inside the flow.  So:

   <fo:page-sequence id="{$id}"
                     hyphenate="{$hyphenate}"
                     master-reference="{$master-reference}">
became

   <fo:page-sequence hyphenate="{$hyphenate}"
                     master-reference="{$master-reference}">

and the flow region became

     <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
       <fo:block id="{$id}">
       </fo:block>
     </fo:flow>

There may be better ways to do this, but this worked for me.  Hope it helps.

--Andrew