Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Onechunk problem

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 01:59:11AM -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 04:15:20AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > > It appears that at least one thing that will cause this problem is
> > > having spaces in a refname. The current db2man code takes the refname
> >
> >   yes libxslt doesn't cope well with the document extension if there
> > are unescaped spaces in the target chunk name (in the URI sense because
> > I assume the name is an URI Reference, and then pass it to libxml2 layer
> > doing the URI- Ref computation job, which itself fails because "a b" is
> > not an URI-Reference).
> >   I don't know what's the best way to handle this, maybe libxslt could
> > URI escape the returned string automatically ...
>
> If you escape a string containing spaces, what does the filename
> look like?

  the URI-Reference passed to libxml2 would then be "a%20b"
I'm afraid you may end up with the %20 in the actual filename
generated, I'm not sure the unescaping is always done by the
filesystem access layer, of course this can be fixed ...

> I experienced this xsltproc error with db2man but my refname didn't
> seem to have spaces.  But the XML file looked like this:
>
> <refnamediv><refname>mycommandname
> </refname><refpurpose>...
>
> The carriage return whitespace after the name triggered the
> error.

  Hum, in that case I would really blame the stylesheet layer if
this doesn't get normalized in some way before using the string as a document
name.

> I think db2man should be fixing this bug, however.
> It should strip leading and trailing whitespace, and
> translate spaces to underscores in the name.
> I seriously doubt anyone using db2man wants filenames
> with spaces or carriage returns, escaped or not.

  yup,

Daniel