Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Producing fontified C on HTML otuput

/ Jaime Irving Dávila Latorre <jadavila@uniandes.edu.co> was heard to say:
| I'm not sure if I got right this idea, because if I put some sort of
| markup on the source code, it will be presented verbatim (because the
| <programlisting> will be around the pre-processed code) on the html
| output. Do I need to twist my personal stylesheets so that the output of
| programlisting won't be processed verbatim?

Perhaps. If you just want to make keywords (for example) italic, but
you don't mind the verbatim font, you can use things like this:

<programlisting>
some <emphasis>keyword</emphasis> in this line
</programlisting>

If you want a non-verbatim font, you've got a much harder task ahead
of you because it'll be very difficult to get the horizontal alignment
right with a proportional font. In fact, I think you'll have to
use...ugh...tables to do it.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--