Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Problems converting xml -> pdf

Title: Problems converting xml -> pdf

Using jade i don't get any bookmarks and all included transparent png-graphics get a black background: jade complains about beeing unable to handle alpha channels.

Using xsl and transforming it first into FO format then using FOP would be my prefered way: I get my bookmarks (except the chapter bookmarks seems not to work) but:

I don't get any png-graphics (it say's something about JimiImage --- sorry, I'm not good in java), scaling attribute causes errors and when formating it with normal alignment all programmlistings get also spread over the line.

Another (minor) problem: dispite I provide several imagedata-formats in my docbook using the fo-xsl only pics the png, so no graphics can be taken when I 'fop' the FO-file into postscript :-(

So, what shall I do?
Looks like jade is the better text processor (using the power of TeX) but is there any xsl which produces good input for jade? Up to now I'm using db41xml and the corresponding dsl files with for this purpose. On the other hand I'm using docbook-xsl-1.50.0 to get html output. I'd prefre to use also docbook-xsl-1.50.0 to get pdf, ps, ...

Any help is welcome!

Greetings,
Norbert
TWI GmbH                          Tel:    +49 721 950 77-46
Dipl.-Ing. Norbert Pfistner       Fax:    +49 721 57 48 32
Industriestr. 6                   E-Mail: Pfistner@TWI-germany.com
D-76189 Karlsruhe                 WWW:    www.TWI-germany.com