Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: producing high quality output with docbook xsl

Title: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: producing high quality output with docbook xsl

> If you want to use db2latex, don't use it's README file for installing
> instructions. db2latex is now standalone package which is not copied
> into DocBook XSL stylesheets. If you copy it there, it won't
> work. Just
> grab latest db2latex from CVS and use it as is.
>
> After correcting few errors you can get quite good PDF from db2latex.

Sounds good!
I was also looking for a better formatter. Since I'm also very familiar with latex2e it looks like a goog solution for me.

So I looked for the latest release and got a rpm from suse 7.3
It's working -- but with several errors:
1. qandasets have empty xsl templates --> no output is generated
2. german language setting (lang="de") is not honoured (e.g. chapter namings, parskip and parindent seems to be english style)

3. table entries are one-liners and produce overfull lines (should be parboxe'd)
4. I provide two imagefile (one in eps, the other in png) for all images. Both are rendered into the latex file and latex trys to display both (side by side, failing with the png-file) while pdflatex successfully (but wrongly) displays both of them (sublabled with a) and b) )

5. Carets and some other chars are not translated into latex code so I get errors from them.
6. maybe soveral more bugs

Actually the result looks realy good, even bookmarks are generated in pdf  --- something I still don't get to work with jadetex (yes, Yann , I read your mail but I already use this setting without any success; well I didn't try sgml2x yet).

My question is:
Are there any updates/bugfixes for db2latex?
Is there a specific mail list about db2latex?

Greetings,
Norbert