Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Direct DocBook2txt?

At 22:18 03/06/2002 +0200, Tomas Valusek wrote:

>Is there an XSL/DSSSL stylesheet available for direct XML->TXT conversion,
>so I could possibly modify it for my needs?

Do you really need full docbook markup for your work?
There is a smaller docbook, or even write a tagset which matches your own
needs,
then look at converting that to plain text?

Also be aware of long lines.
I have a line wrapping extension which restricts plain text to a fixed
number of characters.

If you do start to work on a plain text output let me know, I'd like to help.

regards DaveP