Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: depth of section numbering

Look at the file "labels.xsl" in the common directory.  Depending on whether
you're using nested sections (<section> tags) or numbered sections
(<sect1>,<sect2>, etc.) you'll have to edit the corresponding templates with
mode "label.markup".

This does get pretty tricky, and involves a lot of customization of Norm's
current stylesheets.  You may want to submit a RFE on sourceforge.  Another
option is to use bridgeheads, but again, I don't know what will happen.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wiedmann [mailto:mw@miwie.in-berlin.de]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 3:08 PM
To: Jeff Beal
Cc: DocBook-Apps ML

* Jeff Beal <jeff.beal@ansys.com> [020617 10:18]:

> OK.  I found a reasonably simple way to do this --- customize the template
> named "label.this.section" in the "labels.xsl" stylesheet.  Make it look
> like this (I haven't tested, but it should work.)

Thanks Jeff, this almost works!
But unfortunately the deeper sections are still numbered with the number
of the last numbered section, e.g.:

1.2.2.1. Counters
1.2.2.1.. \addtocounter

What I want is no number at all for the deeper sections.

Michael
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org
mw@miwie.org