Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Which conversion method should I use?

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org, please ]

/ Jose <studio@qadram.com> was heard to say:
|       -I use xsltproc to generate html and fo, and fop to generate pdf

Print is hard to do with free tools these days.

|       -Now the beginpage tag is not recognized by the XSL (which is
|       the last version available), so I cannot organize the resulting
|       document as I want.

The beginpage element is not an instruction, it's a marker.

   The BeginPage element marks the location of an actual page break in
   a print version of the document, as opposed to where a page break
   might appear in a further rendition of the document. This
   information may be used, for example, to allow support staff using
   an online system to coordinate with a user referring to a page
   number in a printed manual.

|       I would prefer a Windows solution, but if I have no choice, I
|       would use Linux.

I think all of the possible tools can be made to work on Windows.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | No one gossips about other