Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Including Fragments of other DocBook Documents

Am Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2002 08:40 schrieb Daniel Veillard:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 08:42:57AM +0200, Janning Vygen wrote:
> > you can run saxon with different XML Parser so you might be able
> > to use Saxon with libxml2. Or you might write a little shell
> > script which does xinclude stuff before calling saxon. This way
> > you can use xinclude but still have saxon running.
>
>   You mean calling libxml2 (a C library) from Java (Saxon), did you
> actually did it ? Sounds non-trivial ...

hmm no. I just read that you can use different parsers with saxon but
 i never tried. So i guess your are right, the parser must be written
in java to be used with saxon.

So using saxon with xinclude can only be done by two step parsing
with a shell script calling libxml2 with xinclude and call saxon with
the resulting xml doc.

janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions