Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: SGML vs XML

I stand corrected. I should have known better, [1], [2], [3].

There's a suggested workaround here [4], [5].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-sgml-xml
[2]
http://www.bureau-cornavin.com/opensource/crash-course/marked-sections.html
[3] http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook/2001-12/msg00136.html
[4] http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/styling/profiling.html
[5] http://www.kosek.cz/xml/dboscon/profiling/frames.html

Kind regards
Peter Ring

-----Original Message-----
From: Trevor Jenkins [mailto:trevor.jenkins@suneidesis.com]
Sent: 3. juli 2002 16:21
To: Peter Ring
Cc: fyl2xp1; DocBook applications

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Peter Ring <pri@magnus.dk> wrote:

> Conditional sections are described in productions [61] - [65] in the XML
> spec[1]. And yes, parameter entities can be used:

I beg to differ. As I read the XML recommendation the use of conditional
sections is limited to the document type declaration, I quote

	Definition: Conditional sections are portions of the document type
	declaration external subset which are included in, or excluded
	from, the logical structure of the DTD based on the keyword which
	governs them.

Whereas there's no such limitation on the use of conditional sections in
an SGML document instance.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!