Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: From RTF to DocBook

We (www.xyztechnologies.com) have a tool that is designed to do exactly
this - to transform Word Doc/RTF files into meaningful XML documents - one
of our target formats is DocBook.

The process is that we discard "unnecessary information" that isn't really
relevant to the XML format (as is the case with DocBook). As was mentioned
in other threads, there may need to be some adjustments to the final
format - the goal of our tool is to get you 80-90% there (and in some cases
100% there) and we provide the "debugging" tools to help you "Fix any
issues" - with the final document(s).  We also let you tweak the set of
rules (so you could add your own custom elements into the transformation).

This seems to be what you need.
The main "catch" is that our tool is not yet shipping - we are about to
release our first beta, and are looking for beta sites to test the tool
against real source content.  If you are interested, please contact me at
riz@xyztechnologies.com.

Thanks,
Riz

Riz Virk, (617) 905-3518