Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: XEmacs "life" TOC tool for docbook (version 2 released)

Hi all,

working with long (several hundred pages) DocBook documents everyday
in XEmacs with PSGML, I frequently had problems accomplishing two
things:

1. Insert/change text at different - but related - places.
2. Lookup, e.g., id attributes for linking.

Incremental search, etags and imenu all didn't give a satisfactory
answer.

Inspired by RefTeX I've written an on-the fly table-of-contents
generator providing the possibility to view the respective
place in the document source or jump to it.

It can be found on:
http://www.physik.uni-leipzig.de/~emmerich/doctoc-2.0.tar.gz
or alternatively on
http://docbook.sourceforge.net
in the contib CVS-area.

Version two now provides a TOC generator using PSGML's parse tree as
alternative to the external toc.pl script, eliminating the perl and
XML::Parser dependency. Furthermore, support for external entities was
added.

Suggestions & bugreports/fixes or (GNU) Emacs port welcome,

Jens